Texas Bklvr

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thinking about Web 2.0

I’ve been doing a lot of this lately. Thinking about Web 2.0 and how we can use it in our library. With so many new technologies to ponder, I wonder which ones would truly capture our patrons’ attention and be helpful to them in using the library. Should we start Twittering? Add a blog to our website? Play with widgets? Shoot a YouTube video? It is imperative that we evaluate our options, but we can’t wait too long to actually do something or the next new ‘Thing’ will be out there. We must decide to either fly or stay grounded. It’s a dilemma that we all face.
Yet if we don’t jump on the 2.0 spaceship, we will surely miss opportunities to entice users of 2.0 technology to the library and to make changes that will impact how the library is perceived. We have the potential to do even more than we do now; and we do a lot! Ultimately I hope that learning more about 2.0 will enlighten me, encourage me and engage me in figuring out what our library can do to be part of the Web 2.0 landscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home